AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension - Incorrect Url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Long story short,

I began using Google Adwords in November of last year. Shortly after I began running ads with them I was suspended-- I was absolutely clueless with what I was doing and mistakenly violated an Ad Copy guideline dealing with display URLs. Further ignorance led me to continue attempting to run similar ads with the same violation.

I have been suspended for 5 months and have been reading into their guidelines because I want to be certain that I know exactly what went wrong and why. The ability to use Google Adwords again would be an invaluable asset to my business.

I tried appealing the suspension back when it happened and have tried calling multiple times, but can never get through to anyone who knows anything or can direct me to the correct department.

Any advice, insight, phone numbers, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension - Incorrect Url

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Well  these kind of violations treated seriously since you have being doing it several times. Have you fixed all those display URL issues?

If yes use this link to contact google support ( I prefer using online chat ) and ask them for further help

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375414?hl=en#contact=1

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
It is not common that an ad copy violation, or URL violation will result in account suspension My "feeling" the landing page is in violation;
Can you share your website URL?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try chatting with them again. When I try to open a support chat it normally gives me an automated response that I will be helped soon, and then the window closes. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I believe it is because I was utilizing someone elses landing page. Being completely honest and forthright, I had extremely little knowledge about what I was even doing-- I regret using google adwords so soon, because now that I have a foundation of knowledge, it would be immensely useful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any help with this?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’