AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension For Domains I dont own

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run an ad agency. 1 year ago one the members of my team ran some short term ads on my adwords account for a large website with his affiliate link.  He was not supposed to be doing this and was fired.  We stopped all the ads and removed them from the account.

Now we are trying to launch a large campign for an approved website that is 100% compliant.  But our account is suspended for this one set of ads the guy ran.  I can't create a new account obviously, and I'm told the only way to remove the suspension is to change the domain.

The problem is the domain he ran the ads to was a large site he was acting as an affiliate for.  So he, nor I, or any of my team own the site.  We cant make changes to it to make it compliant.  And even though we have no desire to advertise that site, and we have removed ALL ads pointing to that site, Google is still telling us that we need to get that site to change, to be compliant.  It was suggested we contact the site owner.  But the site is a multi-million dollar business, with millions of users, and they will not change their site just because we ask them to.

So I am stuck unable to run video owns for our YouTube channel (we are an approved, good standing partner with MCN affiliation and no copyright flags ever).  I have no way of promoting my YouTube channel.

I really would appreciate help with this.  I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on Facebook ads in the last month alone, and several thousand on Twitter.  But YouTube video is the best format for us.

Thanks.

Tim

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension For Domains I dont own

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Tim,

Since you are running an ad agency and obviously you would have different clients, so the best way to deal is to create a MCC account and under that MCC account create a separate account for each of your client.
This will help you not only to better manage the account but also deal with account suspension issues.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Tim,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

I'm sure you would have contacted Google about your account suspension. However, I'd like to ask if you're aware of Google's affiliate advertiser policy? If not, please follow this article.

Further, I'd like to mention that you should've used an MCC account as an Agency, instead of an individual account. In principle, one business-one account is the rule for individual accounts.

I understand you don't intend to run those affiliate ads anymore. However, deleting those ads wouldn't really help in getting your account back up and running. Issues such as these are common when it comes to affiliates. Any violations by affiliate websites require changes to the website. That's the only way out unfortunately, as Google is very strict when it comes to policy violations.

Good luck,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tim;
This is one of the "heart breaking cases" we have from time to time about advertisers "trapped in the spider net of affiliates", suspended, and can't get out.

As you mentioned - Google is firm: the landing page has to be fixed (no exceptions!), while you have neither control on the content, nor can get get  a control (to fix)

if asked: will you be able to  provide Google with  details showing that this was an employee violated the Policy, and this was not authorized,  hence he was fired?
I

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I was not aware of MCC accounts. I can set one of these up but Im not sure I'll be able to create on since my account is currently suspended?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response. Yes, it is really frustrating, especially considering what we really want to be using adwords for is simply to promote YouTube channels and we have no affiliate business.

I can certainly provide the letter of termination if that will help?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
What is the YouTube channel you are trying to promote?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I asked Google to look into your case. Please be patient.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello again Tim;
Google replied that  there is no other way but to fix the sites in violation (i.e the affiliate sites), which I know, is not feasible;
Hence ill have to look for other channels to promote your YouTube channel;
I am sorry.