AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

My account was suspended and the email I received contained no explanation as to why.

Talking to a Google rep he told me he can see there was suspicion of cloaking.

I know for a fact the website does not do any such thing however I'm using a 3rd party tracking url in the 'tracking template'. Can this have caused any trouble or is 'final url' the only one that matters ?

Furthermore, is there any way to prove to Google that the site doesn't use cloaking ?  

The documentations state I need to make a convincing case however since I don't know the problem how can I convince them otherwise ?

Any help appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Ohhh.....cloaking is a severe violation...

What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi kay,

Community members can help you better if you can share URL. if Google detected issues in your landing page, it means your website is violating policy.

Try again to contact Google support team and ask about the exact problem. Support team will contact to technical team for the exact issues.

Thanks
Virendra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I was talking to the Google rep who brought technical support on the line. The tech support person literally said "I cannot confirm or deny the reason the account was suspended" like she was CIA or something.

The email did not mention any reason - just a generic 'account suspended' message. What exactly should I be looking for in the email ?

I agree - cloaking is a serious violation - if you do it - which I didn't.
The thing is - I can prove I didn't, however I have no one to prove it to.

Oh, and support will not talk to me directly as the account is suspended - the only person willing to help is our agency rep who is also baffled by the lack of cooperation from his fellow Google employees

Please excuse me for not sharing the URL - I do not want to cause more damage by making this public as I am still not giving up