AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, I have ran several Adwords campaigns for several companies and have never encountered this problem before. I set up an Adwords account at the request of a client, they wanted to run 24/7 and wanted to display as often as possible in the first position at all times. I explained to this client that because of their low budget, it was unwise to set the campaign up in the way they requested, but did as I was instructed to do. After creating the campaign with automatic payments, after 3 days, they requested to change it to manual payments and pay a nominal amount (compared to the nature of the campaign). Anyways, when doing this, a very rude rep from Adwords gave me the amount owed to google, and the "cost" to change the campaign from automatic payments to manual payments. I was told this would have to be done upfront in order to switch the campaign. I consulted the client, and because Adwords wanted 7 days worth of funds to switch, the customer requested that I cancel the campaign and create a new one. So, as instructed, I created a new campaign with manual payments, applied a promotional code for the client, created an ad.. which the account is now suspended. This is for a plumbing company. This company just got a website a couple of weeks ago, so there is no black hat seo, no fraud, no illicit garbage, many things I have been reading in these forums that keeps websites from appearing and being suspended. How do I get this company to display ads and resolve this issue?.. I am very confused as to what could have caused this. Any help would be very appreciated!

Kristin

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Account Suspended?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom, would you say that after a few days, when Google Reps review this situation.. The account will go from suspended to active?.. 

Also, can I get in touch with you reguarding your certifications and learn how to obtain more knowledge and expertise. I was reading your profile, quite impressive.Smiley Happy

Here is my linked in account- http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=108152997&trk=tab_pro

Hope to stay in touch. Thanks for all the advice. You are worth while!Smiley Happy

Kristin

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kristin,

Welcome to the community, sorry it couldn't be on better terms.

Depending on the steps you took I think there could be a couple of issues here.  It would be quite helpful if you could share with us the email you received regarding the suspension, although sometimes cryptic, they can hold useful information.

1.  Double Serving - If you did not cancel the first account, which could be tough with an outstanding balance (I cannot confirm that) you may have violated this by using the same billing info on two accounts or set up a second account with the same account information.

2.  Promotional Coupons (USA) - If you read the terms on the actual coupon, you may find that they are only applicable one time per customer and/or per account.  If there was a link between the first account and the second account, the promo coupon use could have been a problem.

These are a couple of ideas for you and potentially very difficult to resolve.  Can you identify with either one of these issues or confirm the status of these two accounts?

We see posts here daily just like this one.  It's more important than ever to understand all the policies involved with running AdWords accounts, Google is steadfast in their enforcement.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, Thank you for your response. Well, the first account was cancelled completely, I just logged in to confirm that. The same credit card was used and all balances have been paid off to Google the same day they were accrewed. That promotional code had not been used previously and was accepted by Google. I never recieved an email that the ads wouldnt be displayed, they just wouldnt appear. But if I log into the account and go to campaigns tab: it tells me that: Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.  

It is the same billing information that was in the last account, but that account was cancelled. 

What should I do Tom? I really appreciate your quick repsonse.. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, to mention.. I dont understand how Google can say they cannot verify the billing infomation, because they ran the clients card for $20.00. So they payment went through.. I verifyed the account holder name, billing address and zip code..It is all entered correctly. 

Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem, I have been down for 3 days.

It seems they do this to all new accounts If something looks fishy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can email them here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I could understand if something looked fishy, but I really dont know what could look fishy about a plumbing campaign.. Quite bizzare to me. Really could use answers.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Kristin,

Glad to hear it, you covered things to avoid what I mentioned.  I don't know that canceling an account will allow you to use another promotional coupon though.  May want to check with someone at support via email if you can. 

Billing review...much nicer situation.  As previously mentioned, these reviews are quite common these days and if there are no issues found, your account will restore when the review is complete.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have emailed twice. Spoke on chat. No resolutions thus far.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom, would you say that after a few days, when Google Reps review this situation.. The account will go from suspended to active?.. 

Also, can I get in touch with you reguarding your certifications and learn how to obtain more knowledge and expertise. I was reading your profile, quite impressive.Smiley Happy

Here is my linked in account- http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=108152997&trk=tab_pro

Hope to stay in touch. Thanks for all the advice. You are worth while!Smiley Happy

Kristin