AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended without any Reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A client recently asked me to create an adwords campaign for their new landing page, www.europeanfarmlandinvestments.com

I created the account, and applied the card information that was given to me by the client. The account never started, money was taken from the card, and the account got suspended.

So, I looked painstakingly through the Google Policies, and made the following alterations:-

1. Added a disclaimer under each form submission.

2. Added the companies physical address and contact number in the contact us section.

I submitted the appeal information to google, and the account was still suspended. I was then informed by the client that the billing address on the card was the wrong office (!), and was given the correct address. I updated the google account details to reflect the new address, and submitted an appeal to google.

The account is still suspended was the response. I cannot for the life of me fine out what is wrong. Could anyone please give me some pointers / assistance ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended without any Reason

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there; very interesting case..

Since we are talking about investments you need to include a full explanation about risks associated. Also (if I recall correctly), since operate in the EU, there are special requirements for the UK.

Anyway; you need to fully review the financial services section of the Policy and verify compliance with all clauses.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to reply.

Is the disclaimer text not sufficient in your opinion ? It has the standard warnings relating to investments :-

1. The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up. You may not get back all of your original investment.

2. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.

3. Rates of exchange may cause the value of underlying investments to go up or down.

As to the financial services section of policy, I had re-read it, and cannot see where we fall down.

With respect to the UK section, we do not give or offer credit, so I would interpret that is not applicable to the page.

We do not have any associated fees.

We do not imply any accreditation or endorsements.

We provided a real, physical address of the company, along with phone number.

I may be missing something here, but I just can't see it after 2 days of looking :-(

Thank you for your help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I just had a quick look at your site; I did not go through the specific clauses to check / verify  compliance;

You need to systematically verify compliance of every section of the policy. Review and verify compliance of each clause;
Work with your programmer to verify compliance of all other sections of the Policy;
The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task;

Only then - you can resubmit your site;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’