AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended - support just repeating copy and paste answers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I've been a loyal customer using AdWords for a number of years now to advertise my Internet hosting business.

I really appreciate Google's committment to stopping websites that infect users' PCs with malware, contain spam and scam material, it really is a credit to them.

I recently started advertising an unrelated business that is promoting credible property investment seminars. These are not get rich quick schemes - seminar topics are related to buying and rennovating properties, locating bargain properties and the like.

Either way these property sites have been deemed as Unapproved by Google.

Only about 1 or 2 days later my whole account became suspended. I've been trying to correspond with Support but they keep copying and pasting replies and it is clear that they are not actually reading what I'm saying.

Although I'm certain the property sites are not scams, Google is free to have their say on what they allow - so I am happy to no longer advertise them.

The biggest problem is as a side product, my primary business is affected also.

To me, as awesome a company as Google is, their email Support team not reading and discussing the issues at hand with me and just copying and pasting replies does make one question whether the "don't be evil" is actually pervading or not.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message, I'm hoping some helpful community members might have some insight on this.

Regards,

Jon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended - support just repeating copy and paste answers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Please share the website URL in question;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello MosheTLV,

One of the URLs that is in dispute is tgrproperty.com.au

A URL that has never been in dispute but is affected under this, and that I'm most concerned by is .com.au

Thanks,

Jon

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

The question about this URL was asked yesterday, and was answered by Pankaj yesterday. This URL had a pop-up. (I saw it myself) - a violation of the Policy;

Now, the pop-up has been removed;(by whom?)

(So, your client (AdWords G?) should have told you that he had already asked a question and made changes....)

Moreover; the site in its current format is an endless list of properties with no added value to user. The site has to have an added value;

The site must be fixed before you can ask for un-suspension

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTKV,

Do you have any advice for my particular suspension problem as well?

Best Regards,

Jon

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jon,

I've just had a look at http://www.tgrproperty.com.au and you'll need to look into the "User Safety" policies. Scroll down to where it says step 1 and read it very carefully.

One thing that stands out to me is that you have a lot of testimonials. These testimonials would probably need to have earnings disclaimers. This is just one thing I spotted and I know Google are getting a lot more strict in enforcing these policies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking a look.

tgrproperty.com.au is not a site I run directly, but am affiliated with, for that reason I don't believe I can change the website easily and am happy to just not promote it and continue promoting my other web site.

The problem seems to be Support do not seem to be paying attention to the fact I don't wish to advertise tgrproperty.com.au and any sites related to that any more.

Regards,

Jon

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Once a sited linked to your account and found in violation, it MUST be first be fixed, before you can appeal for un-suspension.

Unlinking the site will not resolve the issue. I understand that this is an affiliate, but, once a site linked to your account   - the site has to be brought into compliance even if you have no  control over it. You must fix both sites! (Talk with the site owners.)

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Just to confirm what Moshe is saying about the linking of the account to the site, I recenty had to get a client to re-purchase an old domain that had expired, put some content back up on it and then request to be reviewed again. Because the destination URL was going to nothing anymore (expired domain) it couldn't be reviewed so we had to follow the process of making all URL's comply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

That doesn't make much sense, if the primary use of AdWords for many YEARS has been a completely unrelated business.

It's not exactly a reasonable request to be honest.

Thanks,

Jon