AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended for Unknown Reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Like many others here my account was suspended and I'm not quite sure why. My ads lead to the following landing page: http://vinci9.cs.umass.edu:9000/quiz/test (or other like it). All of the pages my ads link to have quiz like interfaces that allows users select an affiliation for a research in question (or submit a free text answer if none of the choices are correct).

Any help with figuring out how to fix my landing page so that my account can be unsuspended would be greatly appreciated.  Given the suspension, I'm probably in violation with an adwords policy but can't tell which judging by the email I received. Also, I've seen that sometimes it's impossible to un-suspend an account; how do I tell if I'm in that predicament?

Thanks,

Ari

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ari K
September 2015

Re: Account Suspended for Unknown Reason

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Adwords is for advertisers promoting "for profit business". Hence, google is very strict that the business model is legitimate and trustworthy.
A landing page that its main objective is to collect personal information (aka "information harvesting") is not allowed.:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

This page violates the information harvesting section of the Policy;
What is the business model of this landing page? How are you going to make money?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV, thanks for the quick response;

This is actually not a business but rather part of an academic effort to build a database of researchers. We don't plan to make any money.

Since I'm not collecting personal information, I thought I wasn't in violation of the policy. Could you point me to the section of the policy I'm violating so I can try to fix my violations?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ari K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Adwords is for advertisers promoting "for profit business". Hence, google is very strict that the business model is legitimate and trustworthy.
A landing page that its main objective is to collect personal information (aka "information harvesting") is not allowed.:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en