AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended due to linking of domains advertised 1 year before?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google's TOS is absolutely blind. Adwords has suspended my account on Policy violations. They linked websites that were advertised before 1-2 years and paused back then itself which I do not have access to anymore and want me to fix those ones before they release the hold.

How on earth ad-words can link a random clients domain that I advertised before ages to my account that's expired&parked and expect me to fix the parked page in order to run all of my other 20 currently running campaigns?

Lol.. The worst ever explanation I've heard from what people think as a reputed Google Adwords Representative.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended due to linking of domains advertised 1 year befo

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I had a similar issue. Been advertising a site a long time ago. Paused the account when I stopped advertising. Company that owned the site went out of business, site went down. Google flagged me for having no physical address on the site when clearly I have not advertised the site for some time. After talking with a rep for a long time that it appears all campaigns you have in your account can and continue to plague you even if your not even advertising or deleted them.

I initially got it waived with with minor flag. However later on I had to get the flagged removed by finding the new site owner and begging them to fix it, but the suspension team still kept me suspended(ruthless).

So even if you fix the problem you may still not get your suspension lifted.

Goodluck!

Just another example of google's crappy B2B practices.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
@Eric; If the site was fixed, the account should be un-suspended, unless there are other violations.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
negative, Alll flags were removed and even a googl'er said that due to the small infractions of physical address and misinterpreted url link by google that I should be re instated that the suspension team still decided to leave me suspended...

Unless you spend millions and have your own google personal rep then we are nothing to them and will remain suspended.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Please note that not all policy violations are fixable. We've had to make the decision about the types of websites that we won't accept in order to protect our users. If your site cannot be fixed, we unfortunately won't be able to run your ads for that site.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Josh, exactly...consumer driven market, rather then b2b. My site was approved and running fine for some time. Until I changed a tracking url...which google admittedly said it was on their end that it was misinterpreted as a mal-ware link...fixed flag. 2nd violation was for a 2 year old site that was no longer in use or advertised with a missing physical address that plagued the account...no exclusion i even had the campaign deleted.

Google needs to understand the b2b side as well if they simply worked with me, reviewed my history and did not punish me for sites i was not running then I would be all for them and understandable.

Heres an example I spoke to them about that adds fire. Say I owned and marketed sony.com I go bankrupt site is taken down and all marketing stopped prior to shut down. I sell the site to someone who breaks advertising rules of google...not only is that person punished but so is my account because the account is associated with me. There is no exclusions to this on googles end.