AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended - Untrustworthy Behaviour

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

A site I'm working on got suspended two days ago, we immediately rang Google and made suggested changes (these were that testimonials were considered false), we also changed all of the adverts in our campaigns to make sure it very clearly describes what the business does.

After filing the appeal were unsuccessful in lifting the suspension and have been advised that the best way forward is to start again with a new domain.

However we don't know what's causing this ban so we are likely to make this mistake again. 

If someone could please take a look and give me a second opinion on what could be causing this suspension it would be greatly appreciated.

URL: https://theory-test-practice.com/

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Opening a new account is similar to pouring oil on  fire - the "new" account will be suspended.

Untrustworthy promotion means that the business model or the business practices you have adopted / conducted were found unacceptable and your business cannot be promoted on Google.
Since it's a severe violation the chances of being reinstated are rare.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your fast response

So just to clarify - chances are that no matter what we do with the website or adwords account it won't make a difference. The business will have to look at the business as a whole i.e. branding, business model, practices etc.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ronan W
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct.

>>"Advertisers or sites that are found to be untrustworthy are not permitted to advertise with us again, so please err on the side of caution in being clear about the product, business, or service that you're promoting.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en

The issue is with the business model. What was wrong with the business model in this case compared to other businesses promoting  similar  services - is a different ball game....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

They may have mistaken your site for one that breaches this policy:

Enabling Dishonest Services

... paper-writing or exam-taking services;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6016086?hl=en

Try to speak to Google on the phone about it.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton;

Untrustworthy,  because of being a severe violation with immediate implications goes through several reviews before this (untrustworthy) is issued. Unlikely that there was a confusion here,

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

We have a client who helps people with their assignments by reviewing them - doesn't write them - and they get hit with "untrustworthy" sometimes and it is fixed with a phone call. However this is site suspensions that have been resolved, not account. I believe the OP has a site suspension.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton;

There is a confusion here. Untrustworthy is a status  of an account suspension (vs a site suspension). Once you "reach" untrustworthy, this means it was reviewed prior, and the stats are very unlikely to be reversed. 

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Moshe,

I agree in principle, but time and time again we see the wrong reasons for suspension being applied. I checked my records and that client was told untrustworthy, we explained the business model, and the suspension was lifted.

In general I would expect untrustworthy to mean untrustworthy.