AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended - Sleeper

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Google has suspended me an account and in the mail that AdWords sends they not put any reason. I called the support number and they told me that the account had suspended by Sleeper policy, but I not find nothing about in the AdWords support pages, nor the support not know how to help me.

This is the mail:

"This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us through the AdWords Help Centre at

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account:

Customer ID: XXX-XXX-XXXX

To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit:

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to get in touch with us, you can contact us through the methods described at

Yours Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team"

Can someone help me to solve it?

Thanks for your time.
Alan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

A sleeper account is one that was inactive for a period of time and then became active again... and usually with a suspicious pattern of action, which triggers the suspension. These accounts are typically hijacked or used against normal AdWords policies or in ways that are not ideal.

Were you using the AdWords account for your own website or someone else? Did you have one URL in use previous, then let the account sit and now went to use it with a different URL? 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Account Suspended - Sleeper

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

The account was created 1 week before upload the campaigns and I passed the payment revision without problems, but after of that the account was suspended with sleeper policy.

Currently the account is in a MCC and the web it's a brand new domain that not was used previously.

Thanks for your time.
Kind regards.
Alan

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Alan,

You could try and contact support again and see if you get a different answer. With the additional information you posted, it does not sound like a sleeper account at all.

Perhaps there is an issue with the new website? 

Do you have other accounts in the AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC) that uses the same billing info as this one? Have you added any promotional codes or made any other account level changes prior to the suspension?

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens

I was tried talk again with the Support, but their answer was the same, they don't know how help me.

I checked the website, but is similar to others that I have in the same AMA, the difference is the language, so we can discard this point. Or do you think that the problem could be the language?

The AMA have consolidated billing, so is the same billing info for all accounts.

I don't use any promotional code and not made any changes because I did not have time to do it, as I uploaded the campaign, the spend was minimun and it stopped for the payment revision. Once the revision passed, the account started again and hours after was suspended with sleeper.

I know that this community fixed a problem like this in this post by @MosheTLV

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards.

Alan. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Alan,

You are welcome.

The language could be the problem. Your ad language, targeting, and URL landing page language all need to match. 

Moshe may very well be able to assist, as he did in the thread you link, however it is not always possible and the system has changed some since last year (date of the thread). Let's see what Moshe has to say and go from there.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

The web/ads language it's the same, turkish in this case, and the targeting is for Turkey.

I don't know if the problem may be the special characters of the turkish language or similar.. What do you think about it?

Thanks for your great help! I hope find the solution for my problem thanks to you.

Kind regards.
Alan