AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended --- Older inactive second account did us in

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Logged into my account this morning to check where we are at for the day so far and how the weekend was. And much to my surprise our account was suspended. Phone lines don't open until 9am so I initiated a 'live chat'. Live chat indicated that "It has come to our attention that your Google AdWords account Customer ID xxxxxx is related to another account which has repeatedly violated our Related accounts policy and/or Terms and Conditions.

As a result, we have suspended your account and will no longer allow your ads to run on Google. Please refrain from opening any new AdWords accounts. We will suspend any newly created accounts upon registration and your account fee will not be refunded."

I had to think for a minute and then remembered that we had set-up an additional account for a friend. We used our credit card (and obviously our billing)...getting the credit card miles was our fee for helping them out. Anyway, the account was flagged as a bridge page since all ordering was only possible on the merchant side. My friend opted to just let it go than try and make changes to satisfy policy to get the ad back up. I didn't even think to close the account but I guess that is coming back to haunt me now.

I really hope Google is a bit flexible and understands this situation. If they look at the accounts, they can easliy see the the products/serivces being marketed are totally unrelated. I was not tryint to game them at all. Does anyone have experience/input with this and do they think there is hope for us?

Thanks...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended --- Older inactive second account did us in

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

>>"we had set-up an additional account for a friend. We used our credit card (and obviously our billing)

When saying "our billing "- was your business name and address on the other account ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The business name was not. But the name on the credit card is the same as is the billing address. Different card (so we can differentiate payments).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In AdWords you have two types of fields: business address, and billing.

Were the names and addresses of the businesses differently? Did Each account have a different business name with a different address ? (Thought the CC was of  your business)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, each account had a different business name and business address. However, the billing info is the same for both; same name on credit card and billing address.

Then

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Then, if the businesses are different, I do not think that using the same credit card is the issue. Could be something else?

Can you share your website URL?

Re: Then

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would prefer not to post it here. Can I email it to you?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Unless there is some confidentiality, the Community guidelines  call for posting  here...I would prefer to follow the guidelines...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got the old site compliant and got it approved by Google!

'Great news! We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies: '

However, both my accounts are still showing as suspended. Is there a time frame for Adwords to update and show the accounts as active?