AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended - Help not available

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my account recently was suspended for violations and I have no idea why. When I call into support I receive an automated message informing me of the suspension and am then hung up on. I try to chat with somebody, but am told that chat is currently unavailable. I know this is not to be true because chat is available for my colleagues whom accounts are not suspended. It seems like Google support is nowhere to be found when it comes to a suspended account. Can anybody answer why? I have to submit an email and await a reply (hopefully) to get an answer. At least support could've given me an explanation via email as to why they were suspending my account at the time suspension... Anybody else have this issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dana M,

I've been in your shoes. But I had a better response from Google support. It is possible that support is temporarily bogged down. Let's try to troubleshoot as best we can. With this communities experts it should be possible. There are a few dozens very experienced experts here, who know a lot about this.

In terms of how long this might take, I have only had this occur 2 times in my ~5 year practice, each time on a different account. The suspension was lifted between 24 hours and 7 calendar days.

First, go back to the suspension email you got. It may seem to be vague, while in fact it has very precise reasons and instructions, if you look carefully and spend time to dig in a little. It'll have links to navigate to, which will likely take you to a long policy page, but only a section or two of that page will apply to your specific acc suspension. 

Figure out what's going on from that email. Also, post here (omit account IDs or any private info) what the email says.

In addition, carefully inspect AdWords interface. Point your mouse to speech bubbles near "campaign status," which says the acc is suspended. The speech bubble will offer reasons and links to follow to the same pages. Post any clues you're finding here.

Julia

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’