AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended Even After Campaign Was Removed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

My account has been suspended. My account rep won't give me any specific info. on why it was suspended.

I removed the campaign that was originally flagged immediately after I was notified about it's noncompliance.

Then the rep started giving me advice for editing a site that I don't even own, that was being promoted on a campaign that I never even ran, that I created in october of 2013 and haven't even edited since. I assumed it was a mistake but told the rep very directly that I was going to focus on promoting a different site that was definitely compliant with googles policies and the rep said nothing so I assumed all was good.

I had another campaign running for a 'how to' site that was never flagged.

So I don't know if the account was suspended because I only removed the original campaign without editing the original piece of content, or if it was suspended because of the campaign from 2013.

Either way I think I've acted in good faith to comply with googles policies and I would like to know if there's any way I can request a review of my account?

I have removed all of the content from the site that hosted the piece of content that was originally flagged and i have removed the campaign from 2013 that never even ran. I can't do anything about the site that was being promoted in the campaign from 2013 as I don't and never did own the site.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Account Suspended Even After Campaign Was Removed?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

unfortunately, removal will not work as a fix in almost all cases --
generally, the original (site) issue must be fixed before a review.

advertising sites that cannot be controlled
by the advertiser is usually not recommend.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After reading some of the other threads on here I wanted to add that even before my account was suspended my business model changed. I created an entirely different site with an entirely different approach. My goal is to build a business that google likes.

This is obviously demonstrated by the fact that I deleted all the content from the original site, removed both of the campaigns that were flagged and even created an entirely different site.

I'd really like the chance to work with someone directly to try to figure this out and get my suspension lifted. Please let me know what I an do to get this resolved.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

unfortunately, removal will not work as a fix in almost all cases --
generally, the original (site) issue must be fixed before a review.

advertising sites that cannot be controlled
by the advertiser is usually not recommend.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't understand why removing the site wont work... If the content is gone, surely it can't be out of compliance right? Especially considering I immediately stopped advertising it and haven't attempted to advertise it since it was flagged.

Ya.... I didn't know that when I first tried to use adwords over 2 years ago lol.

And I'm not sure what else I could do to fix the site

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As @Celebird already mentioned you must fix the content of the site and resubmit it for approval;

Abandoning the domain or deleting the site would not work;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I need to go back and add a bunch of content for a domain I don't even want to promote anymore? I guess I can do that lol... seems a little ridiculous but I'll do it. 

What about the pages that I don't own and cant alter? Can I get some exception for that or am I just done with adwords completely? Again it was only ever listed on a campaign that never even ran that was setup and hasn't even been looked at or edited since 2013. I didn't even know it was still there as the default in the dashboard is to see only active campaigns and it was paused.