AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Disabled

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So... we had an account several years ago which was suddenly banned (this seemed to happen to a LOT of affiliates). We weren't doing anything that we were aware was wrong. It seems that they didn't like our bridge page (lack of content).

Anyway, after days of explaining that we weren't aware we were doing anything wrong, and still to this day, don't believe we were, we gave up with it.

A couple of years later, Google began e-mailing us Adwords coupons so we decided to take the plunge and create a campaign. Everything was going well for several months and then Google decided to close our account again! This time, it was closed because they realised we had a previous Adwords account that was closed several years ago! Nothing to do with this account. We spoke to someone at Google and they explained the situation. They agreed there was nothing wrong with our current account, but this was their policy.

Is it me or is this just mental?!! We didn't deserve to lose our first Adwords acccount, let alone the 2nd. Will Google ever sort out this mess? I hear advertisers consistently moan about Google Adwords, to the point, they're beginning to get a bad reputation. Are they not bothered?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Disabled

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello th27;

• So you are saying that the current account was closed because "suddenly" Google realized that you had (in the past) an account, that had been closed by the owner? (i.e it was NOT suspended by Google)
  • Why did you close it the  first time?
  • Did you,  technically,  go through the procedure of closing an account, or just abounded it ? (i.e stopping campaigns,  but keeping the account active)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

No, as I mentioned the first account was banned by Google. Still not entirely sure why, but something to do with the landing page not having enough content.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi th27,

As you mentioned earlier about bridge page, please note that Adwords doesn't allow bridge pages. There is a clear Adwords policy on this which you might consider reading here.

Now once the account is suspended, going forward you cannot advertise on that account or any related account, which I think is the reason your second account got suspended. Please read this article which explains about this scenario.

I am afraid, but the last call is from Google on this. They are very particular about the policies and the violations. So if someone keeps violating the policies, they send you email reminders to fix them and if no action is taken, consequences are not in favor of the advertisers. 

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, we weren't aware of a problem with Bridge pages. We were new to online advertising/adwords.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So , has the site now been brought into compliance?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi th27,

Let us know if you've made necessary changes to your site. If yes, I can pass your account for a revision.

Thanks,
Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV - No - it hasn't. We never heard back from the person we were speaking to.

@Zee - there were no changes to make. We were promoting our popular UK voucher code website. Our account was only banned because they realised we'd had a previous account banned several years ago (for no real apparent reason in our opinion).