AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Banned - Billing Issue and/or Terms of Service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I appreciate any help the googlers or others can provide.

I have searched through the AdWords Community and found several other posts with this topic, but the suggestions don't really fit what I'm trying to do (as I'll try to explain).

Two weeks ago I received the 100$ come-back-to-Adwords credit. I was thinking of promoting a MeetUp.com meeting I organize in town so figured the adwords credit might be useful.

I used adwords effectively in 2010/2011.

Two days after adding the promotion and starting my campaign, I received the canned (ToS) email. When I checked my adwords account, I had the typical "Billing Issue".

This was more than 5 business days ago.

In those days I have done the following things:

• Responded to the email (as google requests) --> Result: Canned email, again.
  • Went to the website and wrote my details --> Result: Canned email, again.
  • Called the phone number to speak to a person about this --> Result: Whenever I enter my ID I get the same canned response, but instead of reading it I get to listen to it.
  • Called the phone number to speak with a sales rep (in hopes of getting a transfer) --> Result: Cannot be transferred to a person without giving the machine my ID... give the machine my ID and get the canned response.

The details and why I know I did not violate any terms:

• I received the adwords credit, but my credit card on file (1) has been used in the past and (2) is still valid.
  • I was advertising for a GMAT study session... nothing in violation of anything

I understand these things take time. I would just like to talk to someone or know if something is going to happen. 

If my account is suspended for ever, I'd like to ask someone why. If my account is under review, I'd like to know that. The messages are a bit mixed and it is understandably frustrating.

I'm not really upset, because I know I did nothing wrong, but I would really like some feedback or recognition. Or, if I did something wrong, I'd like to know what it was and explain myself.

From the recent posts in the community it seems like this is common. Wiht that said, I don't see anyone in the community making these posts having a positive outcome. So I'm concerned.

Thank you. Please respond when possible.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author craiggonzales
September 2015

Re: Account Banned - Billing Issue and/or Terms of Service

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey craiggonzales,

I think you should contact the AdWords support team directly - since we can't really help you with that in the forum:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

Good Luck,

Asaf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Asaf,

I have called several times. Like I mentioned in the post, whenever I call and enter my ID, I get an automated message. When I speak to a person in the sales or other department, I get forwarded to that same automated message (after I am asked to enter my ID).

Is there somewhere else I can post this?

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Try chat / email the Support Team through this page: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206&ctx=go&&contactus=1