AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

About google restricting trademark terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question that I really want to know:

Is the US market trademark terms may be restricted only from ad copy – not from keyword bidding? For example, we could bid on a competitor’s brand name like Apple Iphone. We’d bid on the name and our ad would display as a paid result, but we could not include “Apple Iphone” in the actual Google ad copy?

If so I want to know which countries apply to this and which does not apply to this restriction? (Please list me or give me a reference link if possible.)

Thank you very much for helping.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: About google restricting trademark terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Which countries have geographically different in policy setting refer to my question above?

Re: About google restricting trademark terms

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
A full explanation about a trade-name usage in the ad-copy, and as a keywords is this link;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’