AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

About cigarette lighters

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello we are plan on importing cigarette lighters in another company we own but first want to ask are they prohibited o Google adwords? If so does this mean we can still add the site to the google directly and utilise seo methods to rank the site? Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

About cigarette lighters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chromacake A,

You can certainly create a website, have it indexed by Google Search and build up traffic to it through credible tactics. 

As for promoting it with AdWords, I think it is  grey area but could/would fall under the tobacco policy. I would want another member to verify that, so please wait for more replies. I stay far from all areas like this so I am not current on whether or not is would fall under the tobacco policy. I can state for sure that you can have a website, ecommerce site, etc... and be listed in Google search organically. 

Kind Regards,

James

About cigarette lighters

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If the lighters are promoted  for tobacco usage - this is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’