AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

About cigarette lighters

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello we are plan on importing cigarette lighters in another company we own but first want to ask are they prohibited o Google adwords? If so does this mean we can still add the site to the google directly and utilise seo methods to rank the site? Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

About cigarette lighters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chromacake A,

You can certainly create a website, have it indexed by Google Search and build up traffic to it through credible tactics. 

As for promoting it with AdWords, I think it is  grey area but could/would fall under the tobacco policy. I would want another member to verify that, so please wait for more replies. I stay far from all areas like this so I am not current on whether or not is would fall under the tobacco policy. I can state for sure that you can have a website, ecommerce site, etc... and be listed in Google search organically. 

Kind Regards,

James

About cigarette lighters

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If the lighters are promoted  for tobacco usage - this is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’