AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

About Display Ad Builder

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts, A question from a noob on Display Planner. I was creating a Display Network Campaign. I came across display planner. So after using it created different versions of  Images and each of the version has different Ad Sizes. Do we have to use  all these version of Ads or  Can we Use at least one among these. Does each version calculates each separate Ad? 

Can anybody guide me through this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Syed M
September 2015

Re: About Display Ad Builder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Syed,
No, you don't have to use all 4. You can use as many or as few as you like.

Regarding your question "Does each version calculates each separate Ad? " I don't really understand what you're trying to ask here. Could you maybe simplify and clarify for me?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Syed
YEs, they are all separate ads.
And correct, depending on the sizes supported by each adsense website, the appropriate one will be served based on your ad rotation settings. You can learn more about this here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Syed,
No, you don't have to use all 4. You can use as many or as few as you like.

Regarding your question "Does each version calculates each separate Ad? " I don't really understand what you're trying to ask here. Could you maybe simplify and clarify for me?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave, Thanks for your quick reply, Really appreciate your quick answer. What I want to know is that, the display planner have created different versions of Ads, When we click Ads from Campaigns Tab, I see plenty of Ad Sizes. So, does each of them contribute to separate Ad or is it a single Ad?

Also does google chooses any one of them depending upon the Adsense Websites.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Syed
YEs, they are all separate ads.
And correct, depending on the sizes supported by each adsense website, the appropriate one will be served based on your ad rotation settings. You can learn more about this here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats great, So if they all are different ads, How one is different from others? I mean how can I add a unique value to each of these ads? How does they differ from each other?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Syed,
They are different from each other in their SIZE Smiley Happy You said it yourself.

If you want to differentiate them, you'll have to design your own.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Syed M,

To add to the good advice you already received, : In the preview window while creating an Ad you can deselect the sizes you don't want and the formats you don't want (for example to exclude HTML5 variants).

Also it would help you to know that you can add the custom column "Id" from the Columns button, the Attributes section, in the Ads tab. This way you can see that the ID , a number from 11 figures, is different for each size.

You can also use Lables to distinguish ads from one another.

If you activate also the HTML5 variants, check each one of them , because I noticed a slight shift to the right in the text in this format and it might look weird.

I would strongly encourage you to also start using static images as banners because I noticed they get a higher volume than animated banners created with the Ad Gallery, for the same size, same placement.