AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

ALL Ads Approved when site un-suspended instead of specific ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Forum,

To test whether I could access Adwords after a long-standing (November 2012) ad suspension, I updated an old ad campaign  (labeled "CAMPAIGN #1) with new parameters -- changed the text, landing page, and the amount: $20 per day for a 4-day ad duration. I discussed this SPECIFIC disapproved campaign on the phone with Googlers throughout December and received written feedback on CAMPAIGN #1 on 12/11, 12/12, and 12/23 . At that time these Googler stated I need to "do more" to get the ad into overall compliance. I gave up using normal channels and contacted the Forum. Now here's the problem:

After my site was finally unsuspended (thanks to help from Moshe). *ALL* my old disapproved ads from 2012 IN ADDITION to CAMPAIGN #1 were suddenly approved!  Although I am extremely grateful all these other ads are now approved, I was not expecting ANY ads other than CAMPAIGN #1 to be approved. As a result, my credit card was charged $4479!! to pay for these pre-exisiting old ads that were in the disapproved state. (I was just TESTING the Adwords system -using CAMPAIGN #1 for a possible sale of my site.) Since I was not expecting any other ads to be approved by Google other than CAMPAIGN #1, I am now out an additional -- $4479 minus the $80 I was expecting to pay. This amounts to $4399 in accidental overcharges. 

Is there any way to get this reversed? This is a financial hit for me. I have all the old emails from Google proving we were only discussing CAMPAIGN #1. Of course I paused ALL my campaigns AS SOON as I learned the spigot was wide open for all my previously disapproved ad campaigns.

Thank you.

-Steve

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ALL Ads Approved when site un-suspended instead of specific ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello again Steve;
Case was escalated to Google;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Steve,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Since you reported about the $4399 in accidental charges on your AdWords account due to an existing issue, I've asked our AdWords Support team to follow-up with you. Please expect to be contacted shortly.

Moshe,

Thank you for bringing this to the Community's attention. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
John and Moshe,
Thank you both. I look forward to Adword's response.

-Steve

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Steve,

Please let us know if the AdWords Support team was able to resolve your billing issue. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I finally spoke with a Senior Adwords representative just yesterday. They are considering my request for a refund.

-Steve

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Steve,

That's good to hear. I hope we in the Community were helpful in getting your issue resolved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Paul and Moshe,
The situation has been resolved. I will be refunded a portion of my monies, and although much less than what I hoped for, it was more than I expected.

Thank you very much for your help as I'm sure this forum was the main conduit for the resolution of this issue.

-Steve

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Ohhh... Great news..... So, now, you are all set. Your account has been unsuspended, and you were also (partly) refunded.
And last advice: closely watch / monitor your campaign performance.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J Stephen W
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Steve,

I'm glad we were able to get some resolution for your AdWords billing issue. 

I hope you will continue to be an active member of the Community. Especially if you run into any AdWords related issues or questions you need help with.