AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

ALL Ads Approved when site un-suspended instead of specific ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Forum,

To test whether I could access Adwords after a long-standing (November 2012) ad suspension, I updated an old ad campaign  (labeled "CAMPAIGN #1) with new parameters -- changed the text, landing page, and the amount: $20 per day for a 4-day ad duration. I discussed this SPECIFIC disapproved campaign on the phone with Googlers throughout December and received written feedback on CAMPAIGN #1 on 12/11, 12/12, and 12/23 . At that time these Googler stated I need to "do more" to get the ad into overall compliance. I gave up using normal channels and contacted the Forum. Now here's the problem:

After my site was finally unsuspended (thanks to help from Moshe). *ALL* my old disapproved ads from 2012 IN ADDITION to CAMPAIGN #1 were suddenly approved!  Although I am extremely grateful all these other ads are now approved, I was not expecting ANY ads other than CAMPAIGN #1 to be approved. As a result, my credit card was charged $4479!! to pay for these pre-exisiting old ads that were in the disapproved state. (I was just TESTING the Adwords system -using CAMPAIGN #1 for a possible sale of my site.) Since I was not expecting any other ads to be approved by Google other than CAMPAIGN #1, I am now out an additional -- $4479 minus the $80 I was expecting to pay. This amounts to $4399 in accidental overcharges. 

Is there any way to get this reversed? This is a financial hit for me. I have all the old emails from Google proving we were only discussing CAMPAIGN #1. Of course I paused ALL my campaigns AS SOON as I learned the spigot was wide open for all my previously disapproved ad campaigns.

Thank you.

-Steve

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: ALL Ads Approved when site un-suspended instead of specific ad

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Steve,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Since you reported about the $4399 in accidental charges on your AdWords account due to an existing issue, I've asked our AdWords Support team to follow-up with you. Please expect to be contacted shortly.

Moshe,

Thank you for bringing this to the Community's attention. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J Stephen W
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Steve,

I'm glad we were able to get some resolution for your AdWords billing issue. 

I hope you will continue to be an active member of the Community. Especially if you run into any AdWords related issues or questions you need help with. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello again Steve;
Case was escalated to Google;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Steve,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Since you reported about the $4399 in accidental charges on your AdWords account due to an existing issue, I've asked our AdWords Support team to follow-up with you. Please expect to be contacted shortly.

Moshe,

Thank you for bringing this to the Community's attention. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
John and Moshe,
Thank you both. I look forward to Adword's response.

-Steve

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Steve,

Please let us know if the AdWords Support team was able to resolve your billing issue. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I finally spoke with a Senior Adwords representative just yesterday. They are considering my request for a refund.

-Steve

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Steve,

That's good to hear. I hope we in the Community were helpful in getting your issue resolved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Paul and Moshe,
The situation has been resolved. I will be refunded a portion of my monies, and although much less than what I hoped for, it was more than I expected.

Thank you very much for your help as I'm sure this forum was the main conduit for the resolution of this issue.

-Steve

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Ohhh... Great news..... So, now, you are all set. Your account has been unsuspended, and you were also (partly) refunded.
And last advice: closely watch / monitor your campaign performance.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J Stephen W
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Steve,

I'm glad we were able to get some resolution for your AdWords billing issue. 

I hope you will continue to be an active member of the Community. Especially if you run into any AdWords related issues or questions you need help with.