AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AD Title character limit exceeding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad character limits exceeding.PNG

Hello

These are screenshots of the ads, but some 2 ads are exceedind the ad title character how is it possible?

for the keyword "Material Handling Equipments".

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AD Title character limit exceeding

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, Raghavendra S.

In some rare cases, if advertisers use DKI (dynamic keyword insertion) - and maybe even with DSAs (Dynamic Search Ads) - the system tends to allow more than 25 characters if the resulting headline still fits the allowed horizontal space for the ad. Since AdWords does not use a monospace font (where each character has the same width), there are wider words (in pixels) and narrower ones which share the same word length.

In your case, as there are several t, i, l occurrences (narrower words characters), they happened to fit the allowed space.

But it is not a behavior you can normally trigger or reproduce.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

AD Title character limit exceeding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad character limits exceeding.PNG

Hello

These are screenshots of the ads, but some 2 ads are exceeding the ad title character how is it possible?

for the keyword "Material Handling Equipments".

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, Raghavendra S.

In some rare cases, if advertisers use DKI (dynamic keyword insertion) - and maybe even with DSAs (Dynamic Search Ads) - the system tends to allow more than 25 characters if the resulting headline still fits the allowed horizontal space for the ad. Since AdWords does not use a monospace font (where each character has the same width), there are wider words (in pixels) and narrower ones which share the same word length.

In your case, as there are several t, i, l occurrences (narrower words characters), they happened to fit the allowed space.

But it is not a behavior you can normally trigger or reproduce.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for it Kandarp.