AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

A penalized site in organic search is negatively affected in Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I advertise my website through Adwords for 2 years.

Yesterday my site suffered a penalty in organic search (through a Manual Action) for submitting my site into links directories.

I would like to know:
1) Can I continue advertising this site in Adwords?
2) My Quality Score in Adwords will drop or suffer from this penalty?
3) Finally, a penalty in Google organic search affects in any way the account in Adwords? Or are they two completely different things?

I am very grateful to those who had any similar experience or know the answers.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A penalized site in organic search is negatively affected in Adwor

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Marta P;

Organic ranking and AdWords are two different systems using different algorithms  for ranking, with no influence of   one system  on the other.

Having said that, please note the prohibited webmaster techniques are also not allowed in AdWords, So, if you organic raking suffered due to banned (not  to be confused with bad or wrong) webmaster practices, you most likely be banned from AdWords, once the AdBot crawls your site.

So the question is the what was the reason for the "penalty" by  the organic algorithm.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I agree with Moshe completely. "Organic ranking and AdWords are two different systems using different algorithms for ranking, with no influence of one system on the other"

Only because your website's links were found on directory listing websites and you were penalized for link farming, it won't affect your AdWords anyway. But yes, what is wrong is wrong. You should work to take your website out of it.

Thanks
Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the help!

I'm giving 1 star for everybody that answered!