AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

A google partner told me they could advertise vaping business on adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need some help/info.  So a company who said they are a google partner came into my business to sell me advertising which included adwords, was aware that adwords does not allow advertising vaping products but they were adamant about being allowed to do it and said they were one of only a couple companies that could.  I am just wondering if this is true or not before agreeing to have them do my advertising.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Daniel,

I don't know what strategy that company is thinking about using, but what I do know is that advertising electronic cigarettes is against Google's policies. Here's a link to the policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299

I don't know how the company talking with you would be able to advertise vaping products without violating that policy. I definitely recommend asking them to explain exactly how they can advertise for you, since the policy is pretty clear.

Best,

John

Re: A google partner told me they could advertise vaping business on adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree 100% with @John Horn's advice.

I'd also be interested to know what the company's answer is if they do explain their strategy or why you are an exception to the policy.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In terms of the Policy - all advertisers are equal. No advertiser is favored over another

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I've been looking into this for a friend who owns a local vape shop and it looks like Adwords is not an option available.

THere are other strategies that can be considered and platforms that may be considered but it seems like both Google & Facebook have strict policies in this space.  I found this article that seems useful to help gain visibility.  https://www.metrilo.com/blog/marketing-channels-vape-shop/

I am also looking for an SEO who has proven experience in this area. Do any of my fellow badged partners have suggestions on who I should connect with about this?  

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Kita E

You're correct. It's not an option for either. I'm in the same boat as you, helping out a friend.  I got an ecommerce template and we took a lot of specifc product photos, and did the basic on-site SEO. We turned off the shopping cart because they weren't actually selling online. It shot to top rather quickly in regular organic search.  As for maps, I've been using WhiteSpark's local citation finder to analyze citations of competitors, then duplicating, and looking for new options by researching shops in other cities. It hasn't been that hard,and business almost doubled after two months from launching the site. You can check the site, airavatavapors.com for reference. I know you're pretty smart, and I don't think it is beyond your capability assuming you have the time.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Thank you @David Kyle! This is great info and we already have a relationship with have a relationship with white Spark so I'll definitely look at leveraging them as so I'll definitely look at leveraging them as well. Thanks so much