AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

A Question about ad approval, the final URL, visible URL and in-ad URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has a very nice looking solutions for one of her campaigns but I am kind of worried that is will not be approved, although it's completely transparant.

I am running a Display campaign for her aimed at a subsite within het company URL. (company.com/event)

For offline communication she has registered a TLD with the same name as the event (event.com), which is not the same as her company name (company.com). But redirects to the subsite (company.com/event).

The TLD (event.com) redirects to the specific page on het website (company.com/event). She communicates this TLD-URL (event.com) in het text of the banners.

I aimed the final URL  at the sub-site on the main website (company.com/event), same for the display-URL. In my view it should not be an issue because the shorter (event.com) is only to help the user remember the URL and the redirect is always the same and het no other pages in the sequence.

Does anyone know if this might cause an issue?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hervé M
November 2015

Re: A Question about ad approval, the final URL, visible URL and in-ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hervé M;

I am not sure that I got the setting you are trying to configure, However, the rule is simple:

The display URL must match the landing page (the actual page on which the user "lands") after all redirects.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hervé M
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hervé M;

I am not sure that I got the setting you are trying to configure, However, the rule is simple:

The display URL must match the landing page (the actual page on which the user "lands") after all redirects.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is the case. But in the ad (visually) there is a reference to the "event.com"-URL which redirects to "company.com/event" when you visit it.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Hervé M,

As the solution has already been provided by @MosheTLV.

Redirected url is "company.com/event" so its your final url. You need to use the same domain in the display url that is company.com.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Herve,

AdWords allows SEO friendly redirects 301 and 302 but It should be in same domain not in different domain. The simple answer is you can not use different Display URL and final URL.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is the case, so there shouldn't be a problem then I guess.