AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

6th case of a Weekend AdWords Phishing Ad for AdWords account logins

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It seems I have stumbled upon a 6-th case of AdWords ad made to collect google account IDs.

This Ad appears on many "adwords" related search terms on the first position so it poses a real danger of fooling many adwords users to collect their login data. Please forward this alert to who can stop it fast.

I hope Google has decided to assign AdWords security teams also during weekends as these cases are popping up constantly, from what I can see.

I just typed again "adwords en forum" as a search term to find this community website , as I noticed the first AdWords Ad showing what is an obvious phishing URL :

www.adworrds-google.com/Adwords

The click ID string is this :

http://www.google.ro/aclk?sa=L&ai=Ci9O3QCwZVu7GK4S2ywOIwZWQBYuLoLsI69nrjJoC6Jm8NwgAEAEoA2CDpeGF6BvIA...

The screenshot of the Ad is this :

new-phishing-site.png

This is what the user sees in the final URL :

the-final-url-page.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
October 2015

Re: 6th case of a Weekend AdWords Phishing Ad for AdWords account logi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thank you @Adrian B;

We got this report in other languages as well. 

It seems as a habit of offenders to during weekends.... Smiley Surprised

Reported to Google

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: 6th case of a Weekend AdWords Phishing Ad for AdWords account logi

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes because Google AdWords personel seem inactive during the weekend , and this creates a vulnerability ,

For example I couldn't use the chat line to report this case, it is closed during weekends.

Thank you