AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

31 Character Ad Headlines - Seriously?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

Further to my thread last week mentioning a possible bug with Dynamic Keyword Insertion and the Broad Match Modifier, entitled "30 character ad headlines" , I'm now noticing 31 character headlines! - Is this actually a bug or is it something that's genuinly allowed? I've read through all Ad Policies from Google and I can't find anything to suggest the maximum characters allowed in the ad headline can go above 25.

Also: Does anyone else think it's unfair that the people dynamically generating their text ads can have significantly longer ad headlines than those of us that write relevant ads by hand? I certainly do.

See below screenshot as an example.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 31 Character Ad Headlines - Seriously?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This has always been the case. Why don't you do it for yourself?

Re: 31 Character Ad Headlines - Seriously?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I am less worried from the number of characters than the ad-rank... It is the 7th, and below the fold....Smiley Tongue

Where is yours?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’