AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

2 agencies working the same client with different keywords and LPs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i am an advertiser. I have a current agency who have been serving us well for nearly 3 years. They use some sort of AI machine learning system to optimize our performance but they have hit a ceiling where we simply cannot grow further, even though we want to spend more. They work through their own account which is connected to ours.

I want another agency to work on half of the campaign, using different keywords, and promoting different content pages.is this acceptable within Google policy? There would be no overlap so no double serving.

I don't really see how else we can be expected to trial different suppliers without asking them to all operate out of our own account, which seems a rather DIY solution (nor possible in this case). The new agency are saying that the issue is definitely at the domain level, that you can't serve ads from multiple accounts to the same domain... But that's not really what I am reading here.

Can anyone offer a definitive insight?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian A
September 2015

Re: 2 agencies working the same client with different keywords and LPs

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Brian,

Firstly, if both the accounts are targeting different set of keywords, then your keywords will not compete with each other and hence you can show your ads from both the accounts. Also, you can run multiple accounts with the same domain but at a time only one of your ad shall be seen when somebody searches for your keyword. The same domain cannot have 2 ads at a time but can be used from multiple accounts.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian A
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Brian,

Firstly, if both the accounts are targeting different set of keywords, then your keywords will not compete with each other and hence you can show your ads from both the accounts. Also, you can run multiple accounts with the same domain but at a time only one of your ad shall be seen when somebody searches for your keyword. The same domain cannot have 2 ads at a time but can be used from multiple accounts.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

As far as the Policy is concerned, you should be running a single account for single business. May be you have multiple websites for the same business. But all under one roof. Otherwise there is violation of Double Serving Policy (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en).

For me, trying out two different agencies for the same AdWords account wouldn't be a wise strategy. Reason being that every agency has a different mindset and different way of doing things online. Yes you do have the possibility to grant MCC account access to that second agency and get your account reviewed. But if multiple agencies are working on a single account, overlap is bound to happen in terms of anything, which might include keywords, match types, landing pages etc...

Why don't to ask your current Agency to come up with the strategy of adding different keywords, promoting different content of your website within the currently running account? See what they have to say about it and you have every right to ask them (if you are the owner and getting service from the Agency).

That's what I feel here!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have not received any notifications via email, only noticed when logging into the account last night.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The policy only mentions double serving from multiple accounts, nothing about multiple accounts which have 0 overlap. Our campaigns are completely separate, and target very different content sections, so we can do this without double serving. Googles policy document however is incomplete as it does not cover this situation at all.

Also, I didn't ask for strategic advice about how to manage our partner relationships. Your response is full of assumptions. Best try to stick to the question and avoid offering unsolicited advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rinkal, many thanks for the response. I would love to see something from Google to confirm this. Seems like a big loophole on their part as most people have the opinion outlined above, based on a rather narrow reading of the policy.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
just a though, what if you delete the campaigns from one account before letting the other agency advertise on the other? would that still be considered double serving?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bratok,

That would not be considered as double serving.

Cheers!
Rinkal