AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

2 accounts working on the same client at the same time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

is it possible to have 2 people with different accounts working on the same client account at the same time? Or will the changes be overwritten by the other persons changes? (Im talking about the live-tool)

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No. Promoting the same or similar product, targeting the same audience (users) by the same business entity by setting 2 accounts is a violation of the "gain unfair practice" section of the Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Pontus,

I work at an agency where people occasionally work on the same account at the same time accidentally. It is uncommon for 2 people to work on an account simultaneously, because generally there is no reason for doing so. But if one person was writing ads while another was changing bids, this won't matter.

If two people edited the same ad at the same time, I don't know what would happen - this has never happened to me. And it shouldn't happen deliberately in your organisation either.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Moshe and Rob have provided pretty much what you need... and I will add in that the last action saved will override the previous... so, it can become a mess quickly having two people altering accounts. 

All the Best,

James