AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

2 Adwords accounts advertise 2 different sets of keywords on 2 landing pages of same domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I've gone thru replies in past thread still not found answer for my case

I plan to have 2 Adwords accounts, one in-house account & one agency-run, advertise 2 different sets of keywords on 2 landing pages of same domain.

Eg:

1st set of keyword are brand keywords to abc.com/brand1, abc.com/brand2

2nd set are generic keywords to abc.com/tips-for-1st-time-mom

So, do i violate Google Ad policy?

And is it possible to implement 02 Adwords tracking code on same thank-you page? 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

2 Adwords accounts advertise 2 different sets of keywords on 2 landing pages of same domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Lu T

This is a violation because the same business entity (you) is promoting the same product or services using different accounts

The rule of thumb is simple: one bunnies - one account 

The question to ask is not about the keywords, it's about what service or product is promoted,  and who is the targeted audience.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you so much 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Maybe, maybe not. If there is overlap, and both accounts show an ad for the same query, then yes. If there is no overlap, and only one account shows an ad per query, then no.

Why have two accounts? Your approach seems far too complicated, with too many potential issues to be really effective. If you don't trust the agency, then maybe it's time you found someone else who is actually capable.

Tom