AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

2 Ads disapproved for shocking content?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I reviewed an old retro game called Slime World and Gates of Zendo and I wanted to promote them. However they were flagged for shocking content? The games aren't violent (there isn't any use of blood in the game whatsoever) so I am unsure why it would be flagged?

Would anyone be able to offer my some advice?

Zendocon: https://youtu.be/VT5aSbP9_q4

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

SlimeWorld https://youtu.be/U6RKtXbvZS0

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
August 2016

Re: 2 Ads disapproved for shocking content?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Luke,

When I watch the first video, the first word I see is "bleed", and there is blood on the fingertips.

And the description of the second video mentions nightmares...

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Luke J

For the first one I believe your intro is the problem.  The finger being pricked, and the rat crawling on the lady's face.  Remove it and you should be good.

I think on the second one your [censored] exclamation is the issue.  Certainly wouldn't hurt to remove the word nightmare as suggested.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
FWIW - I had a Video ad disapproved for the same policy for having the text " [censored]!" in the video. I haven't watched these but you really have to keep things light in order to promote videos.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rising Star,

I just received a disapproval of my cooking video stating shocking content.  I absolutely can't fathom as to what's shocking about it.

https://youtu.be/c56o3m0y0r4

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I couldn't see anything visually wrong with it - no speakers at work unfortunately.

Call AdWords support and ask. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved in 2016.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.