AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

1st time user of Adwords for a Non-profit organization

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I will be soon using Adwords for the 1st time to set-up a campaign for a non-profit organization who has a Google grant. This means that the max CPC is $1.0 and max daily budget is $330. I can't automate the CPC nor bid. Also I can only have the Ad run on Google search engine and NO display networks.

I guess all I need to do is write a quality Ad copy. But since my daily budget is good, can I have 2-3 Ads by dividing the daily budget? Will that help, so I will be able to know which Ad copy is making more sence.

Also, I was wondering who decides the TOP and the RIGHT position for the Ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author snoopy
September 2015

Re: 1st time user of Adwords for a Non-profit organization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Snoopy,

a./ Ad positions are determined by algorithms, not humans.

b./ Bid is just another name for max CPC.

c./ "2-3 Ads by dividing the daily budget?"

Budget is managed at campaign level hence you can't devide it at ad level. 

d./ "which Ad copy is making more sence"

By clicking the AD tab you'll be able to access stats per ads. It will clarify which ad makes sense. No need to devide the budget for this purpose.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Snoopy,

You may want to check out the Google Grants forum too. 

http://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/grants

I recent helped out a friend with a Grants account and found that the limitations and challenges of a grants account arequite unique. Lots of great and useful,suite toy related information is available there. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Snoopy,

a./ Ad positions are determined by algorithms, not humans.

b./ Bid is just another name for max CPC.

c./ "2-3 Ads by dividing the daily budget?"

Budget is managed at campaign level hence you can't devide it at ad level. 

d./ "which Ad copy is making more sence"

By clicking the AD tab you'll be able to access stats per ads. It will clarify which ad makes sense. No need to devide the budget for this purpose.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Snoopy,

You may want to check out the Google Grants forum too. 

http://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/grants

I recent helped out a friend with a Grants account and found that the limitations and challenges of a grants account arequite unique. Lots of great and useful,suite toy related information is available there. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Thanks for your response. 

What I mean by dividing the daily budget was having 3 campaigns for same category. e.g. having 3 campaigns (3 different Ad copies) for 'pet Adoptions'. Or am I mixing up campaigns and Ads together?

I also wanted to know what is the policy for 'Testimonial' Ads. I read that customer testimonials don't qualify for third party verification. I didn't understand the meaning. Could you please help me?

Tks,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

>> 3 campaigns for same category. e.g. having 3 campaigns (3 different Ad copies) for 'pet Adoptions'. Or am I mixing up <<

That sounds workable. You can do that if you stick to it. I can't see a hard reason though .... Robot LOL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response.

Another question I have is, I made a list of keywords to target for my campaign, but the status column says 'Below 1st page bid. 1st page bid estimates $1.50' while other keyword's status says eligible. What is the meaning of below 1st page bid? Can't I target those keywords? My campaign won't appear if people type those keywords?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi,

That's just information for you,don't dwell on it too much. Your ads will show just that not on the very 1st search results page. Perhaps on the 2nd, or 3rd one, etc. In some industries it may be an issue but in other ones it may be an advantage. All that depends on user behaviour.

Best,

Lakatos