AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

17 Adverts Wrongly Disapproved This Week!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I have had 17 adverts wrongly disapproved this week from my account. I have to go onto Google Chat every day (sometimes twice daily) to get the adverts correctly approved again. They are always all disapproved for the same reason:

"Inaccurate Dispaly URL"

Except the Display URL is not inaccurate. It's correct. All these adverts had been running on Google successfully for 6-12 months and I hadn't even attempted to edit them. They are all randomly disapproved.

The adverts are setup as follows:

Display URL: Website1.com

Destination: TrackingWebsite.com/website1redirect.php
Final/Actual Destination URL: Website1.com

I am being told by the disapproved emails that the Display URL should be TrackingWebsite.com, even though this website only appears for 1 second before redirecting to the final destination URL.

Google policy here says: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175906?hl=en-GB&rd=1

"Redirects used for tracking purposes are fine as long as the final landing page has the same domain as the Display URL."

Along with all my current adverts being randomly disapproved, I also cannot get any new adverts approved when using my own tracking platform.

This is stopping me from spending money with Google and advertising on Google Adwords.

How can this problem be solved?

Regards,

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 17 Adverts Wrongly Disapproved This Week!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can somebody please help with this?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

I fully understand what you're saying here and I don't really have a solution for you. Have you contact AdWords Support at all about this? They will be able to review your ads directly and provide you feedback on your issue.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark,

I have the same issues in the last 2 weeks, the redirect I've been using for years are suddenly disapproved. Had some emails with the support but they can't help. Have you found a solution yet?

Thanks