AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

10/10 Quality Score, unbranded term - keyword disapproved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Keyword is for exactly the service the site is about "find cheap [service]". It has 10/10 quality score but it's disapproved with only this message:

"This keyword has been disapproved, so it's not currently triggering ads. Learn more about our advertising policies."

It's one of lots of keywords disapproved, but many are also running fine. Anyone know what's going on here? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 10/10 Quality Score, unbranded term - keyword disapproved?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

The most common keyword disapproval is linked to your keyword's "Dest. URL" in your Adwords account. Please use the following link to determine what is causing the keyword disapproval and how to fix it.

For example: If you accidentally entered an inaccurate Display URL, all you need to do is fix the Display URL in your ad. However, if your website promotes something that we don't allow, you may have to remove that item from your website first, and then edit your ad to resubmit it for review.  

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704381

Hope this helps you resolve your disapproval issue.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to John Paul's great explanation I would only like to add that I use the "Policy Column" to view the exact reason of disapproval, as explained here, maybe you find it useful too Malcolm J :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704380?hl=en

"If your ad has a Disapproved status, you'll see the reason why that ad wasn't approved. Click the disapproval reason to learn more about that policy, then make changes to your ad (and website, if needed) so that it complies with our policies."

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Adrian,

Thanks for the additional information! I'll definitely use it should I get a similar question in the future.

-JP