AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

1 Url being promoted in 2 Adword Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a new account manager who will promote our website using google adwords and google shopping. We want to do a 90 day test and compare his results with my results advertising the same store (same url) in a different account. So there are 2 accounts promoting the same URL. Is this a violation? Our intention is not to game the system, it is just to decide whether our manager can do as well or better than me. If he can, we will only use one account (his) after 90 days, if I do better, we will start using only my account. Is this against google policies?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: 1 Url being promoted in 2 Adword Accounts

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Yes, this would violate double serving policy since both accounts would advertise the same URL.

Even otherwise, the experiment wouldn't fetch appropriate results because your accounts would compete with each other.
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This practice of  an advertiser who  lets two agencies compete using separate accounts  is a violation of the policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks guys! My campaigns are now disabled. Is that sufficient or do I actually need to delete the URL from the account altogether? In other words, 1 account would be active and the other account would still exist with the campaigns as they are now but "Paused". Thank-fully no trouble so far and want to keep it that way!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
This is a good question. You can keep the campaigns on the "other account" paused, but make sure they are not accidentally activated..
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the great information! Ok, last question (I suspect I know the answer but I really want to do a comparison test between myself and my manager). Can I use a different
URL in the 2nd account that points to the same website?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Christopher R;Not sure I understand what is "a different URL in the 2nd account that points to the same website"
Your landing page URL must be the landing page, after all redirects. In other words, your website. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV. The clarification you provided regarding landing page after redirects answers the question. Much appreciated!